The following information contains the legally required mandatory details. It is applicable to the ubivent website and ubivent's social media sites (e.g. on Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, Twitter, and XING).
Authorized Executive Representatives (vertretungsberechtigte Geschäftsführer): Dr. Jens Arndt, Dr. Thomas Butter, Dr. Michael Geisser
ubivent GmbH, Stiller Weg 52, D-68305 Mannheim, GERMANY
Phone: +49 621 586796-70, Email: email@example.com
Commercial Register and Tax ID
Handelsregister: HRB 707272, USt-IdNr.: DE266217472
General Terms and Conditions of ubivent GmbH (as of May 22nd 2018)
With the registration as user for a virtual event (conducted by the "Host" of the event), the user accepts the following general terms and conditions (subsequently called "GTC") of the ubivent GmbH, Stiller Weg 42, 68305 Mannheim (subsequently called "ubivent") for using the ubivent virtual event platform (subsequently called "platform").
These GTC shall govern the contractual relationship between the user and the Host, irrespective through which means the user is registered or logged on.
The sole contractual partner of the user is the Host.
The offering of information and/or services on the platform is intended exclusively for persons of legal age.
The user can call up, print out, download and or save these GTC at any time, even after the agreement has been closed (https://www.ubivent.com/de/).
1. By invitation, the Host offers registered user the opportunity to participate
in virtual (interactive) events on the ubivent platform (e.g. virtual fairs).
The time and duration of these events lie in the sole discretion of the Host.
2. Any usage of content or services going beyond what is explicitly offered on the platform requires the previous approval of the Host and ubivent.
3. The Host distributes user generated content to other users only if this content does not violate the law or these GTC. The Host and ubivent reserve the right to remove user generated content without prior notice if this content violates the law or these GTC.
4. The user recognizes that a 100% availability of the platform is technically impossible. The Host strives for an availability that is as high as technically possible. However, maintenance-, security-, or capacity-related issues, events beyond the sphere of control of both the Host and ubivent (e.g. disruption in public telecommunication networks, power failure, etc.), as well as software and hardware defects in the infrastructure of the Host or the user, can lead to short failures in the availability of the platform or parts thereof. The user does not hold any claim concerning availability of the platform.
5. The Host offers solely a virtual event. In case that users conclude any contract, the host is not involved in this contract, and thus not a partner in this contract. Users are fully responsible for any contracts they conclude on the platform. The Host cannot be held liable for any breach of duty of a contract concluded on the platform.
1. The user has to register before using the platform. The user is only allowed
to register if invited by the host. The registered user does not hold any
claim for participating in the event. Especially, registered users that have
not been invited can be excluded from participation.
2. The user warrants and represents that all information provided at the registration is accurate and complete. During the period of active participation in the virtual event, the user is obligated to announce any change in information provided at registration to the host without undue delay. The user warrants and represents that he is of legal age at the moment of registration. Users can register only once.
3. By completing the registration process, the user submits an offer for a contract concerning the usage of the platform. The Host accepts this offer by activating the user account for participating in the virtual event. Through this acceptance both parties enter this contract.
4. At registration, the user has to enter a password. The user is obliged to treat this password confidentially. The Host shall not disclose the password to any third party and the Host shall not ask for the user's password at any time.
§3 Right of Cancellation for Consumers
If a user is registered for a purpose that is not related to either a commercial or professional freelance activity, the following provisions apply to the consumer in the sense of Par. 13 of the BGB (German Civil Code):
1. The user may cancel the contractual agreement in writing (e.g., by letter,
fax or email) within two (2) weeks without stating a reason. The two-week
period begins upon acceptance of these instructions, but not before the contract
has been executed, and also not prior to our fulfillment of our informational
duties as per Par. 312c (2) BGB in connection with Par. 1 (1, 2 and 4) BGB
InfoV, as well as our duties as per Par. 312e (1) line 1 BGB in connection
with Par. 3 BGB InfoV. The contract can be canceled by sending timely notification
to the Host.
2. In the event of a valid contract termination, services and fees provided by both parties are to be returned, and any economic advantages gained (e.g. interest) are to be repaid. If the user is not able to return the services rendered fully or in part, or only in a lesser form, the user is obligated to reimburse the Host for the value lost. This can mean that the user is required to fulfill the contractual payment obligations for the time period until cancelation. Obligations to reimburse costs must be fulfilled within 30 days. This period begins for the user when the contract termination is sent, for the Host when it is received.
3. In accordance with §312d Par. 3 BGB (German Civil Code), the user's right of cancellation lapses before the end of the right of cancellation period, if the contract has been completely fulfilled to the satisfaction of both parties before the user exercises his or her right of cancellation.
§4 Users' Responsibilities
1. The user is required to provide accurate, complete, and not misleading
information in the profile and any communication with other users. The user
is not allowed to use pseudonyms or pen names.
2. When using the platform, the user has to comply with all applicable legislation, and respect all third-party rights. In particular, the user is prohibited to
a) propagate offensive or defamatory content, no matter whether this content is directed at other users or natural or legal entities,
b) use any pornographic materials or any contents that violate any applicable legislation for the protection of minors; or advertise or promote, offer or distribute any pornographic product or products which do not comply with any applicable legislation for the protection of minors,
c) use or cultivate anticompetive actions, including progressive canvassing (e.g. chain or pyramid schemes),
d) use without authorization any contents protected by law (e.g. by copyright, trademark, patent, utility patent, or design patent laws), or advertise, promote, offer or distribute any goods or services protected by law.
e) unreasonably annoy (particularly with spam) any other user (cf. §7 of the German Unfair Competition Act),
f) to conduct the following activities, even if they are not against any law: explicit or implicit sexual communication; usage of mechanisms, scripts, or software in combination with the platform, unless explicitly allowed; perform any actions which may impair the operability of ubivent's infrastructure, particularly actions which may overload said infrastructure; every action that is adequate to impair the functionalities of the platform in any other form.
3. The Host or ubivent are entitled to take the following actions if there is concrete evidence that a user is breaking laws and regulations, the rights of third parties, or these GTC, or if the Host or ubivent have other legitimate interest:
a) deletion of user generated content
b) limitation / blocking of access to the platform.
§5 Changes of the Platform
The Host reserves the right to modify the services offered on the platform and/or to offer services different from those offered at the time of the user's registration at any time, unless this is unreasonable for the user.
§6 Termination of the Contract, Reimbursement of paid Fees
1. The user and the host can terminate the contract at any time without giving
reasons for doing so. The termination notice shall include the user's registered
name and the email address the user registered with.
2. The Host can terminate the contract at any time upon for good cause. A good cause is defined as an event which makes it unacceptable for the Host to continue the agreement to the end of the termination period, taking into account all circumstances of the individual case and weighing the interests of the Host against the user's. A good cause includes any the following events:
a) If the user fails to comply with any applicable legal provisions;
b) if the user breaches a contractual obligation, in particular an obligation set forth in paragraphs 2 and 4 of these GTC;
c) if the reputation of the services offered on the platform is substantially impaired by the online presence of the user (if, for example, it is discovered after registration that the user has been convicted of a criminal offense, and if said conviction is known to other users);
d) if the user promotes any communities or associations (or any of their methods or activities) which are under surveillance by authorities responsible for public safety or the protection of minors;
e) if the user causes harm to any other user(s)
§7 Responsibilities for Content and User Data
The Host does not make any warranties or representations regarding any data and/or information provided or made available by any user on the platform or on any external websites linked to them. In particular, the Host does not warrant or represent that said data and/or information is true or accurate, or that it fulfills or serves any particular purpose. The user may report any activities of any other user which violate applicable laws and/or any of the terms and conditions of these GTC (including the use of pseudonyms or false identities) using the platform.
Whatever the legal grounds, liability for damage claims based only on ordinary negligence against the Host or ubivent (including its vicarious agents) shall exist only if the Host or ubivent breach a basic/cardinal obligation under this agreement. A cardinal obligation is an obligation the user can expect to be met, and which fulfillment is a prerequisite to the ordinary execution of the contract. In this event, the amount of claims are limited to typical and foreseeable damages. Limits shall not apply to the extent damages are in the event of intentional or grossly negligent breaches of obligation. Furthermore, limits shall not apply to the extent damages are covered by the Host's or ubivent's business liability insurance, provided the insurance company has effected payment to the Host or ubivent. The Host and ubivent undertakes to maintain the insurance coverage existing at the time this agreement is concluded. This shall not affect damages arising from injury to life, body and health, and property damage claims based on the German Product Liability Act. Furthermore, the above liability exclusions and limitations shall not apply in the event of the assumption of express guarantees by the Host or its vicarious agents, or given the lack of promised features.
1. The user shall indemnify and exempt the Host and ubivent from all actions,
including damage claims, asserted by other users or third parties against
the Host and ubivent resulting from an infringement of their rights by the
contents posted by the user on the platform. Furthermore, the user shall
indemnify and exempt the Host and ubivent from all actions, including damage
claims, asserted by other users or third parties against the Host and ubivent
resulting from an infringement of their rights regarding the use of the services
on the platform by the user. The user assumes all reasonable costs the Host
and ubivent incur due to an infringement of third party rights, including
all reasonable legal defense costs. All other rights, including damage claims
by the Host and ubivent, are hereby unaffected. The user has the right to
prove that the Host and ubivent incurred lesser charges than claims made.
The aforementioned obligations shall not apply to the extent the user is
not responsible for the infringement.
2. In the event the contents posted by the user infringes any rights of any third party, the user shall, at its own expense and at the Host's and ubivent's discretion, either obtain the right to use said contents or render said contents free of any infringement. In the event the user infringes third-party rights when using the platform, the user shall discontinue such use that violates these GTC and the law, if so requested by the Host and ubivent.
§10 Data Protection
The Host shall comply with all applicable legal provisions regarding data protection - esp. the German Federal Data Protection Act (Bundesdatenschutzgesetz, BDSG) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). In particular, the host will not pass on the user's personal data to third parties or inform third parties otherwise about this data. Details on the treatment of the user's data are set forth in the separate Data Protection Policy.
§11 Final Provisions
1. These GTC and any amendments thereto must be in writing to be valid. No
secondary agreements exist.
2. The Host reserves the right to amend these GTC at any time, without giving reasons, unless an amendment is unreasonable to the user. The Host shall give due notice of any amendments of these GTC to the user. If the user does not object to the applicability of the revised GTC within two (2) weeks after receipt of said notice, the amended GTC shall be deemed to be accepted by the user. The Host shall inform the user about the user's right to object and of the relevance of the objection deadline in said notice.
3. If any provision of these GTC is, for any reason, invalid and/or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
4. The place of performance under these GTC shall be Mannheim, Germany.
5. Place of jurisdiction shall be Mannheim, Germany.
6. These GTC and the contractual relationship shall be governed by German Law, excluding international private law and the provisions of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods that have been adopted by German Law.
ubivent Data Privacy Statement (as of May 24th 2018)
1. Contact person: Contact person and responsible body for the collection, processing and use of your personal data within the meaning of the the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG), the Data Protection Regulation (DS-GVO) and the Telemedia Act (TMG). is ubivent GmbH, Stiller Weg 52, 68305 Mannheim, Germany. Phone: +49 621 5867967-0. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Collection, processing and use of personal data:
The user agrees, that the Host of the event and ubivent GmbH, Stiller Weg 52, 68305 Mannheim (subsequently called "ubivent"), may collect, process, use and save the user's personal data (also in states not located within the EU but with Data protection approval from the European Commission).
We collect personal data in the following situations:
a) use of the ubivent website for informational purposes only
b) through various online forms on our website that are necessary for responding to your queries (requests for contact)
c) free Downloads (White Paper)
d) when subscribing to our newsletter
e) within the context of the registration for the ubivent services and
f) in the use of the ubivent services
a) Informational use of the web site:
Where the website is used for information only, we do not collect any personal data, with the exception of the items of information that your browser sends to allow you to visit to the website. These are:
- IP address
- The date and time of the request as well as time zone
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP status code.
- Each quantity of data transferred
- The website from which the request has come,
- Browser version, operating system and any installed plugins and fonts
The IP addresses of the users are deleted or made anonymous after the end of the use. In the case of an anonymisation, the IP addresses are modified in such a way that the individual details about personal or factual circumstances can no longer be assigned to a specific or identifiable natural person or such can only be undertaken with a disproportionately large amount of time, cost and labour. The data in the so-called log files is evaluated by us in anonymous form, in order to further improve the website, to make it more user-friendly and to find and fix errors more swiftly. It is also used to control the server capacity and, where required, in order to be able to provide appropriate data volumes.
b) Contact form:
In addition to purely informative use of our website, there are several ways to interact with us. This includes in particular the contact form. To use this, you have to submit contact information, which we and our holding company ”meetyoo conferencing GmbH” store and use to process and respond to your request. We use the information only for the underlying purpose and in accordance with data protection principles.
c) Free Downloads (White Paper):
ubivent provides various free downloads (White Paper) for interested parties. By entering your e-mail address and downloading the file, you agree to ubivent and our holding company “meetyoo conferencing GmbH” using the collected data for information purposes in the areas of meeting communication and our products and to being contacted by post / telephone / e-mail. Of course, this consent can be revoked at any time via email@example.com. Your email address will not be disclosed to any other third parties.
On our website, we offer the opportunity to subscribe to our newsletter. With this newsletter, we offer information at regularly intervals about our offers, in particular on the topics of webcasts and meeting solutions. To enable the ordering our newsletter, we use the so-called double opt-in procedure, i.e. after ordering, you will receive a confirmation e-mail containing a confirmation link. Our holding company “meetyoo conferencing GmbH” store the IP address and the date and time of the registration confirmation in order to be able to prove the order has been placed properly. Further data is not collected on our part. Your e-mail address will not be disclosed to any other third parties.
It is, of course, possible to unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time; you will find a link in every newsletter. Alternatively, you can also send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (automatic unsubscribe).
e) Registration for ubivent services:
The use of specific ubivent services (e.g. virtual events) requires registration. The data, which is stored during registration, is made visible from the input mask of the respective registration form. As standard, this involves a first name, last name, company, e-mail address and password/PIN. Required fields are marked as such. With your registration on our site, your IP address and the date and time of your registration will also be stored. This is used as a precaution on our part in the event that a third party should misuse your data and use it without your knowledge to register on our site. ubivent provides the aforementioned services technically ready for the respective contracting authority. The responsible body for the handling of personal data is the respective contracting authority. ubivent acts as a contractor for the provision of the product within the framework of commissioned data processing process in accordance with §11 of the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) or Art. 28 (3) of the Data Protection Regulation (DS-GVO). The decision on the specific nature of the processing of the data and its further use is the sole responsibility of the contracting authority. ubivent only ensures the technical implementation and provision of the service and does not process the data for its own purposes.
f) Use of the ubivent services:
ubivent makes various services (virtual events) technically available for the respective contracting authority. The responsible body for the handling of personal data is the respective organiser (contracting authority) of the conferences. ubivent acts as a contractor for the provision of various products within the framework of the commissioned data processing in accordance with § 11 of the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) or Art. 28 (3) of the Data Protection Regulation (DS-GVO). The decision on the specific nature of the processing of the data and its further use is the sole responsibility of the contracting authority. ubivent only ensures the technical implementation and provision of the service and does not process the data for its own purposes. We would like to point out that any data protection consent can be revoked at any time with effect for the future. Please contact the organiser of the conference.
3. The user agrees that the Host and ubivent collect, process, use and save
the user's registration data, e.g. with the aid of data on the user's computer
(e.g. cookies). Furthermore the user agrees, that the Host and ubivent may
use the user's self-provided registration data, especially the self-provided
login name (= e-mail address), to contact the user.
The user agrees, that the Host and ubivent make the user's profile data (in case the user provided them) accessible to other users. In particular, this encloses the search of this data.
The user agrees, that the Host and ubivent use the user's log files for technical analysis as well as for statistic evaluations.
The user agrees, that the Host and ubivent make the user's self-provided data accessible to all users.
4. The user agrees, that the Host and ubivent, as far as necessary in individual cases, may collect, process and use the personal data, if an evidence (which has to be documented) is on hand and it is necessary for the uncovering or preventing of an illegal claiming of utilization of the virtual event or if it is contrary to the contract.
5. The user agrees - as far as the transmitting of its personal data to a
third party is not permitted by law, especially by the German Federal Data
Protection Act (Bundesdatenschutzgesetz, BDSG) and the EU General Data Protection
Regulation (GDPR) - that the Host:
a) as far as it is necessary, transmits personal data to law enforcement and surveillance offices for the defense of danger to the governmental and public safety, as well as for prosecution of criminal acts.
b) transmits the user's name and address to a third party, as far as this is necessary for the ensuring this third party's legitimate interests. A transmission of the data is not necessary and will not occur, if a preliminary proceeding of a law enforcement of surveillance office can be initialized or has already been initialized.
6. The user agrees, that the user's data may be saved beyond the termination of the contractual relationship.
7. The user can ask for information about the data stored about his person, about the origin of the data, about the recipients or categories of recipients of the data, and the purpose of storage. The user can object to the use of their data at any time. This data privacy statement can be discontinued at all times.
8. The user is aware, that this data privacy statement can be accessed and printed on ubivent's websites (https://www.ubivent.com/de/).
9. The user is aware, that websites hosted by ubivent use Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies" which are text files placed on the user's computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about the user's use of the website will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Websites hosted by ubivent have IP anonymization activated, so that the user's IP address will be shortened beforehand by Google within member states of the European Union or in other signatory states of the Treaty on the European Economic Area. The full IP address will be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there only on an exceptional basis. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating the user's use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators, and providing other services to website operators relating to website activity and Internet usage. Google will not associate the IP address transmitted under Google Analytics by the user's browser with other data held by Google. The user may prevent the storage of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on the user's browser software; however, the user is aware that in this case, not all functions of this website will be usable to the full extent. The user may prevent Google from recording the data generated by the cookie and pertaining to the user's use of the website (including the user's IP address), or processing these data by downloading and installing a browser plug-in available through the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en